* A pyrotechnic smoke grenade capable of covering an area of 40,000 cubic feet with smoke
* Three lead-filled, leather-coated billy clubs
* A collapsible baton
* A full-face respirator
* Various knives and a hatchet
* Body bags
* A Tyvex biohazard suit and various masks
* Duct tape and batteries
* Oven mitts and cooking tongs
* Hand cuffs, leg irons, and plastic flexi-cuffs
* A device to repel dogs
All of the above items were found in the luggage of a US citizen flying into the country from Japan. He apparently made it from Japan to Korea and then on to the US. Customs officers found the contraband when he arrived at LAX and asked him if he had anything additional that he wanted to declare. When the 28 year old only declared an additional knife, they arrested him on the spot.
One big question is raised in this whole story: Why does the story make mention of the oven mitts and cooking tongs the guy had in his luggage? Did the alleged baggage-terrorist have plans to serve up a delicious meal and then attack all of his dinner guests? Other theories include: the guy was super paranoid, going to a counter-terrorism trade show, or was really up to no good. If you happened to be sitting next to him on the plane you were either on the most dangerous or safest plane in the world.